This absolutely stunning house called HOUSE OF RUINS has been designed by Latvian architects NRJA ( NO RULES, JUST ARCHITECTURE ). It is is located in Latvia on the coast of the Baltic Sea.
Invitation To Inspiration loves the idea of CONTRASTS!
- wind from the sea is opposed to the warmth of the family
- perfection of glass is set against rough surface of the old stone
Who wouldn't want to live in the house which provides modern life comfort and quietness of the nature which we love and need so much. Especially if we know that our new modern house is build inside the 19th century ruins of traditional Latvian barn. As you may have noticed by now, Invitation To Inspiration loves when architecture finds dialogue between old stone architecture and modern structures. And another thing- what we love about this house is the feel of mystery and an amazing cultural and historical background it possesses.
We are always inspired by interesting textures and material combinations!
We love how the ruins make it a private estate, yet the glass house makes the whole living space open and airy.
THE HOUSE OF RUINS by NRJA won
- the Grand Prix at the Latvian Architecture Prize Ceremony (2005)
- the Best Technology Award by the Interior Digest Magazine (outstanding implementation of a project using contemporary construction, constructive and electronic technologies, 2006)
- was nominated for the Mies van der Rohe Award (2007).