Saturday, July 1, 2017

INSPIRATION FROM ABOVE

South Carolina Cherubs after Raphael

Prayers are the language of soul. You don't have to be religious to feel the universal call of the human being which speaks through the words of a prayer. Some of them are beautiful poems, some of them are a simple reminder that no one is alone in his thoughts and doubts. Prayer is the true face of the present moment. It doesn't matter where it comes from, as long as it seeks for the light, it's something worth sharing with everyone.



There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.

There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you? 
Rumi

Henrik Aarrestad Uldalen

''Deep peace of the running wave to you,

Deep peace of the flowing air to you,
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you,
Deep peace of the shining stars to you,
Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you, for ever.''
(Source unknown - early Scottish)




''Lord, I don't ask for a faith

that would move yonder mountain.
I can take enough dynamite and move
it if it needs movin'.  I pray, Lord,
for enough faith to move me.''

Norman Allen 

by matialonsor



''Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.''




Beloved,

Guide my footsteps and give me the strength to trust the foot sones will rise up to meet me even when I am unable to see beyond my own light. Send in the ones that I am meant to help and those that are meant to serve as help and guide for me. Help me to continually gather myself up in my arms which are help within yours each time I break. Knowing fully that as I do so I am letting go and surrendering that which no longer serves me. Lighten the hearts and bring joy to those that suffer and speak as loudly as is necessary so they too can listen and answer the call.
Fill me to overflowing with your grace, love and joy, and expand this little container so that I can be a vessel from which all that is good flows out in a never ending abundance. With deepest gratitude for the grace and love that is always within me.




It takes strength, not weakness to seek the meaning outside ourselves. I believe every message of love and peace is a prayer. And therefore, the prayer has become today almost like a quiet rebellion.

Music has always had a strong link to praying since it's an act of creation which comes from the deepest parts of the human soul and not from the simple logic of the mind. In another words, art and spirituality have always been close companions. To truly feel and seek is to pray. May you find & create what you're seeking.


George Harrison-My sweet Lord
Michael Jackson-Heal the world
Lauryn Hill & Tanya Blount-His eye is on the sparrow
Leonard Cohen-Hallelujah


"Holy places are dark places. It is life and strength, not knowledge and words, that we get in them. Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood."
Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

A.B.



Love, A, M & M

No comments:

Post a Comment